James Beard nominated Best Chef of California
Grilled Romaine Heart Lettuce
Brandt Beef Recipe Collection
- 2 Romaine Heart Head – washed, outer leaves removed, split in half
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper (fresh milled)
- 1 ea. Lemon – cut in half
- Parsley (chopped)
- Chives (cut in 1" pieces)
- Maldon sea salt
- Drizzle both sides of lettuce with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill over embers at about 500-600°F for about 30 seconds – 1 minute on both sides.
- Take off the grill and squeeze lemon juice over the top.
- Sprinkle with parsley, chives and a small amount of Maldon Sea Salt.