James Beard nominated Best Chef of California
Brandt Beef Simple Spicy Marinade
Brandt Beef Recipe Collection
- 2ea. Brandt Beef Flat Iron Steaks (300g – 8oz.)
- 2ea. (10g) Garlic clove (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. (30g) Chili oil
- 3 tbsp. (45g) Soy sauce
- 4oz. (113g) Butter (diced)
- Massage the garlic, chili oil and soy sauce into beef.
- Wrap beef in plastic wrap and allow to marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
Brown Butter Pan Roasted
- Melt butter over high heat in a 10” sauté pan until it starts to brown.
- Place steaks in the pan, sear and baste the steaks with the butter using a spoon.
- After 4 minutes flip and rotate the steak. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Continue to baste the steak for 4 minutes.
- Take off heat and rest in butter for 10 minutes. Rotating/flipping the steak after 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.