James Beard nominated Best Chef of California
Good on burger or a side to a steak
Brandt Beef Recipe Collection
- 3 (8oz.) Brandt Beef Prime Filet Mignon
- 3 (5g) pieces Ginger – peeled, sliced
- 3 (5g) pieces Scallion
- 3 Garlic cloves - peeled, crushed
- 15g Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Black peppercorn freshly milled
- Combine all ingredients and cook over high heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 more minutes stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently and adding 2 tbsp. water every time the pan gets too dry.
- After 15 minutes, transfer onions to the burger/plate or serving vessel. If you are not using them right away, chill and store in the fridge.
Note: Brandt beef bacon fat can be replaced with olive oil or butter.
You may also like
Brandt Beef Filet Mignon
With charred Scallion-Demi sauce
Brandt Beef Chimichurri Sauce
A nice contrast to the richness and simplicity of grilled beef
Brandt Beef Pot-au-feu
With egg noodles (good on a rainy day)