James Beard nominated Best Chef of California
Brandt Beef Pot-au-feu
With egg noodles (good on a rainy day)
Brandt Beef Recipe Collection
- 3 (10oz). Brandt Beef Top Sirloin Steaks
- 3 (15g) Garlic clove (peeled, sliced)
- 3 tsp. (15g) Kosher salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. (20g) Soy sauce
- 13 cups (3L) water
- 2 ½ cup (125g) Button mushroom (rinsed, cut into ½’s)
- 3 (100g) Carrot (peeled, sliced ½-¾" thick)
- 2 (50g) Celery ribs (washed, sliced ½-¾" thick)
- 2 Bay leaves (fresh or dried torn in ½)
- 1 Yellow onion (cut into ⅓’s-rings, remove peel, char each slice over open flame until black on 1 side, then cut into rough ½" dice)
- ¼ hd. (150g) Cabbage (cut into ¼’s, peel off outer leaves, cut the core out, cut into rough 1" squares)
- 2 cups dried egg noodles
- Place beef in a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil.
- Immediately strain off into a colander.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Rinse pot of beef particles.
- Place beef back into the pot and combine with 3L of water, kosher salt, soy sauce and garlic.
- Bring to simmer, place lid, and cook for 1 hour with lid on.
- Remove lid and add mushroom, carrot, celery, bay leaf and onion.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook for 30 minutes.
- Bring to boil, add egg noodles.
- Cook per recommendations of the egg noodle package. Typically 7 minutes.
- Serve, or chill and store.
You may also like
Brandt Beef Bacon Burger
With milk bun and special sauce
Brandt Beef Classic Rib Roast
Oven Roasted and Wood Fired
Hand Cut French Fries
Good with anything!